Friday, April 23, 2010

Thursday's Good Eats

Yesterdays food choices were great. I managed to avoid all temptations, including a donut that I almost bought but decided against it.


I started my day with a cup of coffee, eggs on a pita and a small granny smith.
~~~
For lunch I had the other half of my whole wheat pita with a slice of chedda that I dipped into some spinach and lentil soup.



~~~
My first snack, I had to fight away from these guys. They were ready to pounce on and devour my rf triscuits, LC wedge, turkey pep and pickles.

~~~
My second snack was yet another sweet and juicy grapefruit.
~~~
Dinner started out with this spring salad: mixed greens, cucumbers, green onion, strawberries, glazed walnuts and raspberry walnut vinaigrette.


To go with my salad, I bought a baked chicken from the deli and made some garlic dill mashed potatoes and gravy. I also attempted to steam some broccoli and carrots, but forgot to put water in the bottom pot of the steamer and ended up burning the pot. OOPS!
So my dinner plate was colorless but delish.


Garlic Dill Mashed Potatoes.
Recipe went a little something like this.
  • boil the potatoes in water with slices of fresh garlic
  • once fork tender, drain and return to pot
  • add rf or ff sour cream, optional butter or butter sub, fresh chopped dill
  • mash and serve

Desert was a sf chocolate pudding cup (unpictured)

~~~~

Don't forget to enter my Yoplait Giveaway, Please.

~~~~

Happy Healthy Eating!



2 comments:

Whatcha thinking?