Thursday, December 17, 2009

Featured Cookie

I've got some feedback from some of my readers who are not great bakers but still would like to make a special treat for the holidays.
So, I am here to share 2 easy peasy recipes, that are fool proof and do not require a ton of skill in the baking department.


First up, is your basic Sugar Cookie.
Sugar Cookies are really easy to make from sratch, but if you don't have the time or the drive to start from scratch, try this.


Ingredients:
1 pre-made roll of sugar cookies
colored sugar of your choice


Directions:
Cut the cookie roll in half length wise, then into quarters.
Cut each quarter into 1/2 inch pieces.

{like so}


Roll each little piece into balls and roll around in colored sugar.
Place balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 mins.


And Wah-Lah. Easy Sugar Cookies with a homemade touch. Shh! No one has to know they were pre-made.

~~~


This next treat isn't really a cookie at all, but they are a real hit and couldn't be easier to make.


Pretzel Turtles


Ingredients:
20 mini pretzels
20 chocolate cover caramels, I use Rolos
20 half pieces of pecans


Directions:
Stack each ingredient on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
{like so}
Bake at 300 degrees for 4 mins. Push pecan down into chocolate. Let Cool.
Decorate with icing (optional)

Watch these bad boys fly off the counter, they are that good.
Hope these help those of you who are baking challenged.

Share the Love!

Take a batch to your favorite bank branch and share with the staff.

Happy Sweet Tooth!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got a recipe you'd like to share?
Send me the recipe, I'd love to try it.


2 comments:

  1. Hi D, I love checking up on your blog every couple of days!
    I am going to try this recipe and I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I like the idea of the turtle pretzels. That's right up my alley, quick and simple.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?