Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

My cute little pumpkin is no longer a cute little pumpkin.

I made a pumpkin puree and from that made some pumpkin muffins.

{Halved and gutted}

{Baked covered in foil at 325 for 1 hour}

{Blended and smoothed}


Pumpkin Muffins! Yum Yum!
Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups sugar pumpkin puree
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2/3 cup light olive oil
2 eggs
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together 2 cups pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Eat and Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. funny. we just left the grocery store and I asked my husband what he thought they do with all the leftover pumpkins. I said I wish they would give them away so people can put them to use. my thoughts were to puree and put it in my oatmeal but these pumpkin muffins sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love anything pumpkin. You have some serious skills, gal. I'm one of those lazy dames who buys her pumpkin in a can. ☺ I'm sure the "real deal" tastes %100 better. Yeah....I think I may try making my own.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?