Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Granny's Recipe Box

When my Granny passed away a few years ago, I got to keep her box of recipes.
Many of the cake and pie recipes she used to make for the Holidays are in this box.
Unfortunately, most of the savory dishes she made, she didn't have written recipes for.

Many of the recipes were in her handwritting, which makes them extra special.

Some are from friends of hers and many are clippings that she collected over the years.

I plan to make some of these recipes and turn them into a recipe book with pictures.
What a great way to honor my sweet Granny who's home and kitchen was the "Grand Central Station" of our family.

Miss you Gran!

2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet gesture towards your Grandmother, someting you can treasure and pass down in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a recipe book now for my family! I have everyone contributing their favorite recipe and then I am including pics and stories.
    - V
    www.ourhealthmovement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?