Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Fun at the Fair

The Hubs usually takes Tuesdays off but he went into work for a couple hours this morning. So to surprise him, Jaelyn and I decided to make breakfast.


The Menu:
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Crispy Bacon
  • Veggie Egg Scramble
  • Whole Wheat Toast
  • Cream of Wheat
  • Coffee, Iced Tea
I had a small bowl of cream of wheat sweetened with Splenda.

Fruit, 1 slice of ww toast w/ sf blackberry jam, and eggs. Delish way to start the day.



For Family Fun Day we took a trip to the Puyallup Fair. Yes, another fair for us. This is the last of the year, Thankfully!!


Since it's just the 3 of us, Jaelyn is the only one who get's to enjoy the rides. Which is fine with us, we love to watch him and it saves us some moolah.

There is always great harvest displays, blue ribbon winners, and the giant pumpkins. This years winner weighed in at 1100+. Holy Big Pumpkin Batman.

Who says you shouldn't play with your food?
Isn't this cute?

Weird Al Yankovic had a 3D journey through the Human Brain. A 10 min 3D movie on the basic make up and function of the brain. It was really cool.


OK, let's talk eats.

I got a taco salad. It was huge and really good. Not as healthy as I would have made it at home but one of the better choices at the fair. Of course I didn't eat the shell but the huge dollop of sour cream did find a way into my mouth.
The Hubs got a onion cheeseburger with fries (huh? did you ask if I had some fries? were you spying on me?) Jaelyn went with a corn dog. Yuck, I never liked corn dogs. Which is a good thing, b/c I have plenty of "likes" as it is.

On the way out, I always get a scone. It's just what I always look forward to. I used to have one on the way in, maybe one during and one on the way out. But I've now decided that one on the way out is good enough.

The Hubs on the other hand, gets a scone but he always looks forward to having a caramel apple.

OMG, So Good!!


So, that was the run-down of our day at the fair. We had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. great breakfast you had. looks like a lot of fun at the fair. I can't for our Fair to open this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your son is too cute! And, a fry or two or three won't hurt ;) ... lol.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?