Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meatless Mondy Week 2

Breakfast was a delish and fluffy blueberry pancake w/ sf syrup
A few more blueberries &
a hard boiled egg.

Lunch was leftover cheese ravioli and grilled zucchini. I remembered it was meatless monday just before eating that piece of sausage, so I gave it to the dog.

I had a bowl of fruit as a snack, and shortly after decided to have a handful of Annie's Honey Bunnies. (unpictured)

The Hubs was making chicken wings on the grill for dinner so I knew I had to think of something to keep my mind off the chicken.
My solution was a big summer salad. OMG, it was so good. I might have to make another today.
Mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, rf feta, red onion, candied pecans and raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
~
I made the pecans myself; In a saucepan, I melted down approx. 1 tsp butter, approx 3 tbsp sugar, let melt down into a caramel, a splash of vanilla went in and then I mixed the pecans in until all were coated. To cool, lay the pecans out onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate. Add to salad just before serving.
*You could do this with walnuts too.

With this on my plate, I wasn't tempted once to have any chicken.

Oops, I almost forgot to mention, I had a small bowl of Half Baked FroYo for my sweet treat before bed.

Happy Healthy Eating!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Whatcha thinking?