Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Garden Pics.

cThis is my 2nd year growing Jalapenos. Last year I got a nice bunch of jalapenos, I'm hoping for the same this year.

Cauliflower is a new one this year. At one point this little plant seemed to want to dry up and die, but after some attention, it's full and lookin good.

Broccoli is another first timer for me. I have 8 plants and they all have florets forming. Can't wait to pick it.

Eggplant. Not only is eggplant a new addition to my garden, it will also be my first time cooking it. I think I will try roasting it or grilling it.

I'm also trying carrots for the first time and I have 2 blueberry trees and herbs.
***
If you've never tried growing a veggie garden, you should. In addition to growing your own healthy vegetables, it's also a lot of fun and a great activity to get you off your toosh. If you don't have the space for a big garden outside you could try growing in pots. For another great idea check out Connie's garden on her blog Losing It....

2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to try and grow a garden next year! your garden looks great. and i tried the oatmeal with the chocolate chips and raisins and vanilla and cinnamon...SO GOOD! i am going to have that for breakfast tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted a garden but was afraid fof trign it. Im going to try it ...is it too late this year???
    I only have a patio so I wil try in pots. maybe just two veggies this year.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinking?