Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Banana Bread Muffins - 6pts

OK, so this is not a typical weight friendly treat, but moderation is key. I love banana bread. Instead of baking 1 loaf, I made muffins. This is an easy way to maintain portion control and to calculate pts/ serving. This was my first time making the muffins, I made 12 but could have made 24 smaller muffins to lessen the pts per muffin.
Also with muffins, you can wrap and freeze them individually. When you want a treat pop one in the microwave.

My husband requested I add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, of course this bumped up the pts value.

Here's the recipe:

Mix together:
1/4 cup butter (room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together then add to wet ingredients:
2 cups flour
a pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda

Optional:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

For 12 muffins, bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

6 pts each
4 pts w/o chocolate chips & walnuts

1 comment:

Whatcha thinking?